Getting tired of stacking up yesterdays? Is it time to be realigned, redesigned, remolded, unfolded, made new again?
No matter what happened yesterday, it’s back there somewhere. It’s now just a little part of your history. It’s already old news? So what about today?
You’re the star of your own story…the champion, the hero, the extraordinary designer of all that is you. You can re-invent yourself any time you choose. Sounds good you say, but how? Well, here’s a short list of ways to get started.
- Forgive yourself…yes, let go of all those nasty things you say to yourself that keep you stuck!
- Do one thing in a different way…change your hair style, make a stranger into a friend, volunteer somewhere new.
- Laugh…look at how seriously you’ve been taking life recently and find one good thing to laugh out loud about.
- Yell…out loud. Shake your puny fist at the universe and determine that you will not be defeated.
- Hug…someone you care about and do something special for them for no reason at all.
- Give thanks…Yes, find all your blessings…the ones you’ve long taken for granted, that you’ve shoved in a box somewhere or simply lost sight of…and give them some attention. Don’t say you have nothing to be grateful for because if you’re breathing and upright, then you do.
- Jump…at any chance to get out of your old groove and even if it feels slightly uncomfortable tell yourself you will keep moving.
- Put away your flashlight. You don’t need to know what’s around the next corner. You just need to find your way through today…a new you is waiting just ahead!
We have reason to re-invent ourselves, reasons to hope for more. In Lamentations it says:
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“ Therefore I hope in Him!”
God’s compassion is new every morning, YOU are new every morning, reborn at each new sunrise. Go on…try on a new you today!